The Office of Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley is committed to investing in the next generation of public leaders and citizen activists. Congressional internships in the Office of Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley offer a comprehensive learning opportunity to better understand how congressional offices and the legislative process works. Both in our DC and District Office, the internship program is designed to be a learning experience in which you are exposed to a variety of areas including constituent services, scheduling, office administration, press and communications, and legislative policy.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attend meetings, hearings, and briefings and draft memos on the subject matter
- Answer and log constituent phone calls and voicemails
- Research legislation and policy issues
- Assist in sorting constituent mail
- Draft letters in response to constituent mail on legislative issues
- Conduct tours of the Capitol building for constituents
- Research daily press clips
- Learn the congressional legislative process and functions of the legislative branch
- Process incoming invitations for the Member
- Confirm event details for scheduled events and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Our office is committed to building a team with diverse lived and professional experience that well equips our team to serve the Massachusetts 7th. Candidates are encouraged to apply and describe in their cover letter how their experience translates to the needs of the office and the role. Ties to the MA 7th are considered but not required. Intern candidates must be at least 18 years old. While we are happy to sponsor course credit when available, enrollment in a higher education institution is not required. Interns are paid $15/hour.
Spring (January – May): January 20, 2021
Rolling acceptance: The deadlines are provided as guidance for those who may be looking at specific semesters. However, we are always accepting applications and will continue to consider applicants as they apply, with the potential to accept interns mid-semester.
Thank you for your interest in the internship program for the Office of Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley. You can complete the application online at pressley.house.gov/services/internships. All applications must be submitted through the online application. Please do not call or stop into the office. If you need to submit a blind recommendation or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for an internship in one of our offices, please complete and submit the Internship form.