Job Posting: Press / Digital Assistant
PRESS / DIGITAL ASSISTANT
OFFICE of CONGRESSWOMAN AYANNA PRESSLEY
The Press/Digital Assistant supports the Communications Director and Communications Manager in all aspects of the office’s fast-paced and dynamic communications operation, including drafting and editing written materials and designing digital content for the Congresswoman.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support implementation of media, public relations, and digital communications strategies for the Congresswoman;
- Draft press releases, social media posts, talking points, speeches, video scripts, op-eds, newsletters, questionnaires, and other written materials;
- Compile daily press clips and stay informed about current events in the district and across the country for their impact on the Congresswoman;
- Creates graphics, films and edits photos and videos, and manages the Congresswoman’s website.
- Manage logistics for town halls, press conferences, and other public-facing events, both virtual and in-person;
- Remain abreast of current legislative and non-legislative issues about which the Congresswoman may be questioned;
- Manage and catalogue all incoming media requests for the Congresswoman and notify the Communications Director and Digital Communications Manager accordingly;
- Maintain various press and digital archives for the Congresswoman;
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Congresswoman, staff, and constituents;
- Work well under pressure, handles stress, and accepts performance-based criticism and direction;
- Work flexible schedule including long hours, nights and weekends, and performs other duties as assigned.
Our office prioritizes building a diverse team committed to advocating for the residents of the Massachusetts 7th. 1-3 years of press, digital, organizing, or advocacy experience is recommended. As a practice as an office we do not require any pre-requisite degrees. Please expand on how your unique set of experiences suits you to excel in this role in your cover letter. This is not an entry level position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Strong communications skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading;
- Understanding of print, broadcast, and online media;
- Experience creating content using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere (or Premiere Rush)
- Proficiency in constituent management platforms, such as IQ, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks at once;
- Knowledge of current issues and events in which the Congresswoman is involved;
- Ability to exercise discretion in the representation of the Congresswoman's position on policy issues;
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others;
- Work is mainly performed in an office environment. Noise levels are usually moderate; and
- Ability to work in small a work station without an expectation of privacy.
- At time of posting, maximum remote work is advised. COVID-19 precautions and remote work expectations can be discussed during the interview process.
- This role is based in Washington, D.C.
The salary for the position is $45,000, along with a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, dental, federal student loan payments (terms apply) and 15 weeks of paid FMLA.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, 3 digital/creative samples and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Press/Digital Assistant."