Job Posting: LEGISLATIVE CORRESPONDENT
OFFICE OF CONGRESSWOMAN AYANNA PRESSLEY
The Legislative Correspondent plays a critical role supporting our constituents and promptly responding to constituent correspondence related to the Congresswoman’s legislative work and policy positions.
The Legislative Correspondent is responsible for overseeing the mail program, including promptly answering constituent correspondence, conducting necessary research to formulate responses to constituents. This position also assists with various administrative duties and research support at the request of the Legislative Director. This position reports directly to the Legislative Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Efficiently and effectively manage the constituent mail program in coordination with the Legislative Director;
- Draft, sort and batch constituent correspondence received via mail and email and ensure that constituents receive prompt responses reflective of the Congresswoman’s legislative position;
- Ensure that requests for assistance and constituent casework are directed to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Performs special projects assigned by the Congresswoman, the Chief of Staff and the Legislative Director;
- Team player with the ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others;
- Accepts performance-based feedback and direction;
- Works well under pressure, able to multitask and meet multiple deadlines in a fast paced and high stress environment;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our office prioritizes building a diverse team committed to advocating for the residents of the Massachusetts 7th. Strong writing skills are essential. 1-3 years of administrative experience recommended. As a practice as an office we do not require any pre-requisite degrees.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Track record of project management and meeting deadlines
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading skills and attention to detail;
- Strong communication and constituent service skills;
- A commitment to the inclusive and progressive values of the office;
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in the representation of the Congresswoman’s position on issues;
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with colleagues, elected officials, community members, and advocates;
- Work is mainly performed in an office environment. Noise levels are usually moderate; and
- Ability to work in a small work station without an expectation of privacy.
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccine & booster is required prior to start date.
- At time of posting, hybrid work is advised. COVID 19 protocols can be discussed during the interview process.
- This role is based in Washington, D.C.
The salary for the position is $58K, along with a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, dental, federal student loan repayment stipend (terms apply) and 16 weeks of paid FMLA.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, cover letter, 1 writing sample and a list of 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.