Job Posting: DIGITAL / PRESS ASSISTANT
DIGITAL / PRESS ASSISTANT
OFFICE OF CONGRESSWOMAN AYANNA PRESSLEY (MA-07)
The Office of Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley (MA-07) seeks a highly motivated Digital/Press Assistant to support the Communications Director and Press Secretary in all aspects of the office’s fast-paced and dynamic communications operation, including drafting and editing social media copy, designing digital content for the Congresswoman, and media monitoring. This role reports to the Communications Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support implementation of digital communications and public relations strategies for the Congresswoman;
- Compile daily press clips and stay informed about current events in the district and across the country for their impact on the Congresswoman;
- Draft social media content and other written materials, and manage all of the Congresswoman’s social media accounts;
- Create graphics, film and edit photos and videos, including clipping, captioning and branding;
- Manage the Congresswoman’s website and maintain robust digital archives and analytics trackers for the Congresswoman;
- Staff digital events and video recordings with the Congresswoman;
- Support with logistics for town halls, press conferences, and other public-facing engagements, both virtual and in-person;
- Remain abreast of current legislative and non-legislative issues about which the Congresswoman may be questioned;
- Support on administrative functions of the office as needed, such as constituent calls and data entry;
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Congresswoman, staff, and constituents;
- Work well under pressure, handle stress, and accept performance-based criticism and direction;
- Work flexible schedule including long hours, nights and weekends, and perform other duties as assigned.
Our office prioritizes building a diverse team committed to advocating for the residents of the Massachusetts 7th. 1-3 years of digital, graphic design, press, organizing, or advocacy experience is strongly recommended. As a practice as an office we do not require any pre-requisite degrees. Ties to Massachusetts preferred, but not required.
Please expand on how your unique set of experiences suits you to excel in this role in your cover letter.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Strong communications skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading;
- Experience creating content using Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere or Premiere Rush)
- Understanding of print, broadcast, and online media;
- Proficiency in constituent management platforms, such as IQ, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks at once;
- Knowledge of current issues and events in which the Congresswoman is involved;
- Ability to exercise discretion in the representation of the Congresswoman’s position on policy issues;
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others.
- Work is mainly performed in an office environment. Noise levels are usually moderate;
- Ability to work in small a workstation without an expectation of privacy.
- COVID-19 precautions and remote work expectations can be discussed during the interview process.
- This role is based in Washington, D.C. and requires as-needed travel to Massachusetts.
The salary for the position is $57,000, along with a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, dental, federal student loan payments (terms apply) and 16 weeks of paid FMLA.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, 3 digital/creative samples and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital/Press Assistant.” Digital portfolios or websites also accepted for creative samples.