COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (SUMMER)
OFFICE OF CONGRESSWOMAN AYANNA PRESSLEY (MA-07)
The Office of Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley (MA-07) seeks a highly motivated Communications Intern to support the Congresswoman’s district office from May – September. The Communications Intern supports the office’s fast-paced and dynamic communications operation, including content capturing, photographing and livestreaming events, and media monitoring. This position also assists with various administrative duties at the request of the Congresswoman, the District Director, and Deputy District Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support implementation of digital communications for the Congresswoman;
- Support maintenance of digital and photo archives;
- Capture photos and film videos to use on social media and public facing platforms for community events;
- Support with logistics for town halls, press conferences, and other public-facing engagements, both virtual and in-person;
- Support on administrative functions of the office such as constituent calls, casework and data entry.
Our office prioritizes building a diverse team committed to advocating for the residents of the Massachusetts 7th. Experience with digital, graphic design, press, organizing, or advocacy experience is strongly recommended. As a practice as an office, we do not require any pre-requisite degrees. Ties to Massachusetts preferred, but not required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Strong communications skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading;
- Experience creating content for social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter);
- Experience with photography and/or videography;
- Experience in customer service or advocacy/organizing;
- A commitment to the inclusive and progressive values of the office;
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others.
- 20 hours weekly, divided between the Boston District Office and community events in the MA 7th.
- Intern must be able to travel within Massachusetts 25% of the time
- Noise levels in the office are usually moderate
- Ability to work in small a workstation without an expectation of privacy.
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccine & booster is required prior to start date.
- This role is based in Boston, MA in the Congresswoman’s District office.
COMPENSATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Our office is committed to building a team with diverse lived and professional experience that well equips our team to serve the Massachusetts 7th. Candidates are encouraged to apply and describe in their cover letter how their experience translates to the needs of the office and the role. Ties to the MA 7th are considered but not required. Intern candidates must be at least 18 years old. While we are happy to sponsor course credit when available, enrollment in a higher education institution is not required. All internships in our office come with a stipend of $18/hour, paid at the close of each month.
Program runs mid-May to early September. Schedule can be negotiated to accommodate school commitments if relevant.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 references and digital/communications portfolio (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Communications Internship Boston Summer 2023” no later than May 1st 2023..Please do not call or stop into the office. If you have any questions or would like to submit a recommendation for a candidate, please email.